There are so many reasons to feel good about South Africa!
The rainbow nation is truly a hospitable bunch, with diverse cultures and great pride in their country.
The climate is rated as one of the best in the world. Even winter has sunshine!
Few countries in the world have the quality of drinking water from the tap direct!
The wildlife - Unrivalled
One massive country with so many different regions.
A constitution that is held in high regard by world leaders.
Tourism is one of the top performing sectors of the economy, and it is not difficult to see why when you visit!
(courtesy of www.sagoodnews.co.za)
- Of the 12 countries in the world that supply tap water South Africa is rated 3rd in the world in supplying safe, drinkable tap water.Cape Town has become the first city in Africa to feature in the National Geographic Traveler Magazine's Places of a Lifetime website.
- Three of the five fastest land animals live in South Africa - the cheetah (63 miles per hour), the wildebeest and the lion.
- South Africa has the oldest wine industry outside of Europe and the Mediterranean, featuring Chardonnays, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cinsault, Riesling, Shiraz, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinotage varietals.
- The Shongololo Lounge at OR Tambo International Airport has been voted the best VIP lounge in the Africa/Middle East region.
- Cape Town International Airport has been named the best airport in Africa by the Airports Council International.
Table Mountain in Cape Town is one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
Cape Town has won the title of Best Destination in Africa seven times at the World Tourism Awards.
Table Mountain alone has over 1,500 species of plants, more than the entire United Kingdom.
South Africa has the longest wine route in the world.
Kruger National Park supports the greatest variety of wildlife species on the African continent.
South Africa’s hotels, game lodges and restaurants are frequent winners of top global awards, for example, “Best Hotel in the World” by Conde Naste Traveller.
- The Lost City Resort Hotel at Sun City is the largest theme resort hotel in the world.
- In sunny South Africa, our great weather invites you to enjoy the outdoors, play golf year-round and take advantage of the nearly 3000km coastline…
- South Africa is the adventure capital of the world. With over 130 adventures and counting, there is something for everyone from mountain walks to shark cage-diving!
- In the prestigious Travel & Leisure magazine's World Best Awards 2010 - Cape Town's Cape Grace took 2nd place as one of the best hotels in the Middle East and Africa. Royal Malewane in the Kruger National Park, Singita Sabi Sand and Singita Kruger National Park all walked off with honours as part of the top 10 Resorts and Lodges in the Middle East and Africa.
Click here to read more incredible facts about South Africa: www.sagoodnews.co.za